Saturday, March 16, 2013

Karen's Quilt

Karen is a friend who asked me to make a quilt from a combination of her shirts and her first husband's shirts.  She lost him a few years ago and is remarried but wanted to do something to preserve the memory of their time together in high school and college.

To make things worse, she just lost a ton of stuff from their time together because their storage unit in Hoboken completely flooded when Sandy came to town. Naturally, I was happy to take on this project!

The key to this quilt was that Princess Leia needed to be featured prominently.  I think I accomplished that.

  Yes, those are boxer shorts framing her.

 Also, a lot of the shirts had images on the sleeves, 
which I was able to incorporate.


 

All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $150.

Finished Mar. 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment